For the hydraulic system leakage problem of hydraulic press machines, the following are several solutions.
Option 1: Design and Manufacturing Defects of the Solution to Control Leakage
- Hydraulic components outside the choice of supporting often play a decisive role in the leakage of the hydraulic system. This determines our technical staff in the design of new products, the improvement of previous products, cylinders, pumps, valves, seals, hydraulic accessories and other options, we must adhere to the principle of choosing the best of the best, the best of the cheap prudently, comparatively selected.
- Reasonable design of the mounting surface and sealing surface: When the valve or pipeline fixed in the mounting surface, in order to get a satisfactory initial seal and prevent the seal was extruded groove and be worn, the mounting surface requires straight, sealing surface requirements for finishing, surface roughness to 0.8μm, flatness to 0.01/100mm. Surface can not have radial scratches, the connection screw preload to be large enough to prevent surface separation.
- In the manufacturing and transportation process, to prevent its key surface bump, scratch. Meanwhile, its assembly and commissioning process should be strictly monitored to ensure its assembly quality.
- Don’t take the hidden danger of leakage of some hydraulic system lightly, you must eliminate it.
Option 2: Reduction of Shocks and Vibrations to Control Leakage
In order to reduce leakage in the hydraulic system caused by loose pipe joints subjected to shocks and vibrations, the following measures can be taken:
- Using shock-absorbing brackets to secure all tubes in order to absorb shocks and vibrations.
- Use low-impact valves or accumulators to reduce shocks.
- Proper arrangement of pressure control valves to protect all components of the system.
- Minimize the number of pipe joints used, and try to use welded connections for pipe joints.
- Use straight threaded joints, tees and elbows instead of tapered pipe threaded joints.
- Try to use return blocks instead of individual piping.
- For the highest pressure used, specify the torque of the bolts and the torque of the plugs used in the installation to prevent the combination surface and seals from being eaten away.
- Install pipe fittings correctly.
Option 3: Reduce Wear on Dynamic Seals to Control Leakage
Most dynamic seals are precisely designed to ensure long periods of relatively leak-free operation if they are machined properly, installed correctly, and used appropriately. From a design perspective, the designer can use the following measures to extend the life of the dynamic seal.
- Eliminating side loads on the piston rod and driveshaft seals.
- Protecting the piston rod with dust rings, shields and rubber sleeves to prevent the entry of impurities such as abrasives and dust.
- Designing and selecting suitable filtering devices and easy-to-clean oil tanks to prevent dust accumulation in the oil.
- Make the speed of piston rod and shaft as low as possible.
Option 4: Requirements for Static Seals to Control Leakage
Static seals prevent oil leakage between rigid fixed surfaces. Reasonable design of seal groove size and tolerance, so that the installed seal to a certain extrusion to produce deformation in order to fill the depression of the mating surface, and the seal internal stress raised to a pressure higher than the pressure being sealed. When the part stiffness or bolt preload is not large enough, the mating surfaces will separate under oil pressure, causing a gap or increasing the gap that may exist from the beginning. As the mating surfaces move, the static seal becomes a dynamic seal. A rough mating surface will wear the seal.
Option 5: Control Oil Temperature to Prevent Seal Deterioration to Control Leakage
Premature deterioration of seals may be caused by a variety of factors. An important factor is that the oil temperature is too high. Each 10 ℃ temperature rise will halve the seal life, so it should be reasonably designed efficient hydraulic system or set up forced cooling device, so that the best fluid temperature to maintain below 65 ℃. Construction machinery is not allowed to exceed 80 ℃. Another factor may be the use of oil and seal material compatibility issues, should be used in accordance with the instructions for hydraulic oil and seal type and material, to solve the compatibility problem and extend the seal life.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
2 thoughts on “5 Solutions to Control Hydraulic System Leakage”
Estoy interesado en maquina de prensa hidraulica, favor de enviar mas informacion a mi correo
Gracias por tu mensaje, Braian, te enviaré un correo electrónico pronto.